Priorities and aspirations
Our priorities and aspirations are based on the following principles:
1. Democracy and fundamental rights
Advocacy and policy
- How to ensure representative and equal participation in democratic deliberations of the European Union and in the CoFoE?
- How can we work maximizing opportunities for interaction, deliberation and collaboration among people from different countries?
Anti-Racism and against discrimination
- Systemic racism and individual responsibility: how can we make the EU democratic process more inclusive of diasporas and ethnic minorities?
- We are working with EU institutions and European democracies responsibility for inclusivity within the EU not making colonisation just an external problem.
- Migrants and refugee rights and border controls from an outside of the EU perspective.
- Ending distinction between EU citizenship and nationality.
- Women-dominated work spaces: Has the Covid-19 pandemic re-shifted perceptions and value of the Care sector?
Fighting corruption at institutional level
- LGBTIQ+ community navigating hetero-normative spaces: surviving strategies, health and workers’ rights
- Breaking the ceiling: joining forces between women’s rights and LGBTIQ+ rights
2. Well-being and health in Europe
While the impact of Covid-19 continues to damage our societies, we aim to put people first by rethinking health and safety, trade and finance, and labor and social policy. We explore new proposals to implement a new paradigm of care, prosperity, and public health across borders.
- Health Unions, Healthcare workers and Workers rights: protecting precarious workers, health, safety and decent pay for essential workers; working conditions of agricultural workers; and protection of young workers’ rights.
- Minimum wage: are EU-wide minimum wage a step towards better living conditions in the EU?
3. Environment and climate change
Climate change and environmental degradation are an existential threat to Europe and the world. To overcome these challenges, Europe needs a new growth grassroots strategy that will transform the Union into a modern, resource-efficient continent. We believe in a Green New Deal for Europe that makes this needed transition in a just and inclusive way for all.
- We are supporting the ECI Stop Global Warming.eu
- We are focusing on legal legal recognition and protection of climate refugees.
Publications & Blueprints
We are writing and designing policy blueprints to transform the institutions that impact our lives, our communities, and the planet.